The Commission Report launch has generated, thus far, over 400 media-related stories (print, TV, and radio) in 29 countries and 9 languages across 6 continents.
What op-ed writers (including the Commissioners) are saying:
- From ‘dystopia’ to ‘Ourtopia’: charting a future for global governance
Dr. Rama Mani in Chatham House journal International Affairs
- ‘Any carbon emissions deal in Paris is only a first step’
Yoriko Kawaguchi, Shyam Saran and Erna Witoelar in South China Morning Post
- ‘Für eine Reform der Weltorganisation’
Ibrahim Gambari in Internationale Politik und Gesellschaft
- ‘At 70, the United Nations needs to move with the times’
Madeleine Albright and Ibrahim Gambari in The Guardian
- ‘How Landmines Paved a Way for UN Reform’
Lloyd Axworthy in The Boston Globe
- ‘STEP BY STEP: ANDREAS BUMMEL ON THE CAMPAIGN FOR A UN PARLIAMENTARY ASSEMBLY’
Andreas Bummel on World Government Research Network
- ‘The UN, Syria and a crisis in confidence’
Erna Paris in The Globe and Mail
- ‘How to democratise the UN‘
Jo Leinen and Andreas Bummel in The News International.
- World losing battle against terror, climate change & cyber attacks: Albright
Secretary Albright and Professor Gambari in USA Today.
- ‘Aligning Justice and Security Interventions to Revamp the U.N.’
Stimson Center President Ellen Laipson in World Politics Review.
- ‘A Call for Just Security’
Don Kraus in The World Post.
- ‘An Aging United Nations in 2015. But How About a New United Nations in 2020?’
Tad Daley in The World Post.
- A Better Selection Process Could Result in a Strong UN Secretary-General
Dr. Richard Ponzio, Commentary in The Hague Institute for Global Justice
- Will We Learn this Time?
Chuck Woolery in GlobalPolicy.com
What Civil Society Organizations are saying:
- ‘Global Commission recommends a parliamentary body to overcome UN’s democratic deficit’
Campaign for a United Nations Parliamentary Assembly
- Summary of the Report
International Coalition for the Responsibility to Protect
- ‘Washington, DC Launch of the Report of the Commission’
United Nations Association of the USA
What print media is saying:
- ‘Nigerians Must Partner Buhari To Tackling Insecurity, Injustice – Osinbajo’
- ‘Osinbajo: Security, Justice, Sustainable Govt a Collective Duty’
This Day Live
- ‘Report Says UN Not Equipped to Tackle Today’s Challenges’
The New York Times.
- ‘Top diplomats’ report builds case for change at the UN’
- ‘UN Panel Lays Out Vision of “Just Security‘
Inter Press Service
- ‘Un comité experto pide la reforma de la ONU ante “las amenazas actuales”’
El Pais Internacional
- ‘UNSC needs expansion to reflect global realities: report’
- ‘Top diplomats look to rescind UN Security Council veto’
The Times of Israel
- Africa: UN Reform Urged by Veteran Diplomats
All Africa reprint of the Deutsche Welle article.
What TV and radio stations are saying:
- ‘UN Reform needed to combat world crises’ (video)
MSNBC (USA): Andrea Mitchell Reports
- “Former Foreign Ministers Suggest Ways for How U.N. Can Improve’ (audio)
National Public Radio (USA)
- ‘World Insight’ featuring The Hague Institute President Dr. Abiodun Williams (video)
CCTV NEWS (CCTV America)